Sunday, November 21, 2004

 
So I finally, FINALLY made beer today. I'm a very very lazy girl, so when the urge to do anything substantive hits me, I just gotta grab hold and hope the feeling doesn't waste away. Which it did, but I was committed by midpoint. Anyway, it was a recipe that I sort of made up; I took the Homebrew Favorites book and took two recipes, the Christmas Cheer Ale and Gingerbread Beer, and smushed them together. Among the ingredients: molasses, honey, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Lots and lots and lots of cloves.

I think too many cloves, as the place smelled like clove cigarettes. Which isn't a bad smell, I'm just not sure I want my beer saturated with that flavor... so we'll see. I still have the stuff to make a Chocolate Cherry Porter, which I think I'll twist around and take the cherry part out and add cinnamon. So it'll be a chocolate cinnamon porter. Mmmmm... tasty!

Comments:
it sure would taste good with chili.
 
those cloves, given the measurement stick having no label, look quite fallic.
 
ummmmmmm chili.
 
i think this thing was told chili would be made.
 
when this thing didn't get the chili, it felt like, don't know what.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?