Thursday, September 09, 2004

 
I was sent to work in the Lowell courthouse for the rest of the week. This is good, because we live in Lowell and it takes me all of 3-5 minutes to get to work. I got a call today today asking me if I wanted to stay in Lowell until around the 22nd because the court reporter I'm filling in for is very very sick (she's in the hospital, sadly). I said, "Okay..." I use the ellipses because I had just set my whole office up in Cambridge, printer and all. I was feeling good. I even had a key. Then today I had to drive aaaaall the way back to Cambridge to take everything OUT of my office and stow it in my car. I don't do well mentally when I'm prepared for one thing and then something unexpected happens. It throws me way off. But at least I can take Abe for a walk at lunch.


Speaking of Abe, I woke up with a start at around 5 this morning feeling like Abe had just taken a big chomp on my toe. It hurt! I yelled and grabbed my foot. Jay woke up to find that Abe was on the other side of the bed, and he said, "Did he really bite you? He's way over here." I said, "Ow, yeah, he did!" My toe really did hurt, I could still feel where his tiny little teeth knawed into me. I started becoming less and less groggy, and gradually realized that Abe most likely didn't bite my foot, I just had an incredibly random dog-bite phantom pain. It was very bizarre. I wasn't even dreaming about Abe. I was dreaming that Jay and I were driving on Dutton Street and there was a guy with no shirt on in the car ahead of us and he had a really hairy back, and Jay kept calling him "Mod". So I'm still not sure if Abe bit me. If he did, shame on him. If he didn't, then we put him in his cage for nothing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?