Saturday, August 14, 2004

 

Jay is away at Saco this weekend, so he got me a sunflower and told me to think of him every time I look at it. So that's pretty much my visual representation of that request.

While Jay is away, I find myself with lots of time. Time I take naps with, time I eat steak with, time I go to metal shows with. Thursday night a strange something-or-other took me over and I ended up cleaning. Say what?? I even did some laundry. Nuh-uh, sistah!! I'm now glad I did because all our clothes are no longer on the basement floor - the floor which I am 98% certain will flood what with Charley coming to visit and all. What I don't understand is that if people have ample warning that a massive and deadly storm is going to hit them, why don't they go somewhere else? My dad pointed out that it's mostly all elderly people, so then I felt bad. If only old people were more mobile...

Speaking of my dad, today is my parent's 33rd anniversary. That's so long there's not even a traditional gift designated for that number! Actually, I just said that for effect; I saw that amethyst is it. I see that orchids are the 28th... methinks my dad must have started his orchid hobby around their 28th... hmmm. I can't wait until me and Jay hit the 24th year.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?